We're happy to announce that TAT's popular, annual beginner-to-intermediate Bike Camp will happen again, leading up to Spring Fever AND Tulsa Tri (and beyond if there is interest). We will start mid-February, with weekly group rides, with some info seminars sprinkled in. You will have to be a paid TAT member, and there will be a nominal Camp fee. We have had a lot of fun doing these and look forward to another fun Camp!
Here is the Flyer for the camp: 2015 bike camp flier
And here is the signup sheet: TAT Bike Camp enrollment 2015
The bike camp again will be lead by the gracious Carolyn Fairless and many veteran TAT members and bike camp alumni will be helping as well.
Look forward to seeing many of you out there.
January 26, 2015 No Comments
Registration is open for the TAT Spring Fever triathlon. Click on the link below to register. Remember, if you are a paid member to check your email for the discount code to use on all TAT races for 2015.
January 13, 2015 No Comments
Membership registration for 2015 is up and running.
January 8, 2015 4 Comments
I guess that since I made the OWS Rules on a page not a post it is not allowing sponsors. So here is a post that people can ask questions on. Lets see what youve got!!!
Train smart to race fast,
June 27, 2014 3 Comments
This just came out on the USAT webpage. Start training now so that we can all go down and rock OKC!!
February 7, 2014 No Comments
Well the 2014 Race Series page is up so you can add this TAT RACE SERIES PAGE link to your bookmarks and watch update as time counts down to the race date.
Train smart to race fast!!
January 30, 2014 2 Comments
2014 BIKE CAMP INFO
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A guided, progressive 12-week cycling program
to prepare beginners for Spring Fever triathlon April 19, 2014
- Is part of an overall SWIM-BIKE-RUN training plan written by a USAT-certified triathlon coach in our club
- Twice a week rides: Sundays (group rides start late January) and Wednesdays (solo; possibly group ride, weather depending)
- Periodic social rides with club general membership (food is involved!)
- Bicycle-specific seminars: Safety, bicycle and gear choices, rules of the road, flat tire repair, USAT race rules, nutrition, learning area bicycling routes.
- Spring Fever bike course preview ride
- Racing psychology and mental strategies
- Must have a bicycle suitable for training and completing the goal event. Be able to ride non-stop 5 miles.
- Must own a modern bicycle helmet which must be worn on all TAT-sponsored Bike Camp rides.
- Must be a paid member of TAT for 2104; Join online at www.getmeregistered.com. (USAT one-day or annual membership for race day to be discussed during program)
- FEE FOR TAT BIKE CAMP is $60.00 (in addition to TAT dues)
- Starts January 20, 2014. Cut off to sign up is Feb 1, 2014.
- Bike Camp leader: Carolyn-- firstname.lastname@example.org; 918-625-5200
January 9, 2014 No Comments
Well the 2014 season is upon us and it is time to see what all the Tulsa Area Triathletes has to offer you and all your friends that are not yet triathletes. I know that you all have friends that are runners or maybe just cyclists and maybe even just a few of you that have friends that are only swimmers. Well now is the time to pass on to them the joy of being a triathlete.
Tell all your single sport friends how awesome it is that you don't do "Recovery Work-Outs" because in triathlon; swimming, biking and running are all "Recovery Work-Outs" for each other. You might also mention that since you became a triathlete that you have had a much lower prevalence in of injury and burn out (unless that isn't true, then just keep your trap quiet).
So, that being said, if you have any friends that are interested in triathlon, it is time for them to come out and see what TAT has to offer. This year we are doing a little change up to what has, in the past, been Tri Camp. Some of us got together and realized a few things. Firstly, most people that are thinking about triathlon are already linked in to a running group. Secondly, swimming is inherently an individual sport (have you ever tried chatting with a swimming partner during your set). So, we have decided that the club will be offering some group training and and seminars for members with less experience. For those that are new and trying to break the hurdle that is truly the toughest (um, biking... anyone can keep their heads above water right), the club is offering "Bike Camp". This is going to be overseen by our clubs immediate past present Carolyn Fairless. As with the rest of us she is also a bicyclist and has put many miles on the road (including a 140.6 triathlon and all training associated training). So you can expect some excellent introduction to getting on theroad for the TAT Spring Fever Triathlon. So tell your friends that if they have never "clipped in" and are not comfortable off the Riverpark's Trails this is likely just what they are looking for.
For those of you that have been in on on or two multi-sport races and are looking for a little more, here is what the club us going to try to provide for you. As far as moving forward in the pool we would recommend Coach Janet and her great classes for all your swimmiong needs. She is more than a long time triathlete, club member, board member and a club sponsor but she is also a USAT certified coach.
As we said there are several running opportunities. One of which is our club sponsor Trani at Tulsa Runner (seriously click there and check out Trani's place, a wonderful local establishment). His groups tends to be fast but if you are new or still building, well Trani and his crew will be able accommodate you. Just remember that we all started with walking and the only way to get faster is to try running with people that you really cant't keep up with. Also watch our club calendar for people that are looking for running partners or members that are trying to get group runs going.
Thursday 09JAN2014 from 6-8pm
Sunday 19JAN2014 from 2-4pm
Tulsa Runner 96th & Riverside (link with complete address and directions)
Hope to see you all at one of these Round-Ups.
Train smart to race fast,
December 28, 2013 2 Comments
Tulsa Area Triathletes – Winter Swim Camps!
Beginner CAMP! Intermediate CAMP! Breaking Boundaries Camp!
1. Learn to swim or Beginners (LTS): Monday nights - For those new to triathlon or continuous lap swimming. 10-week camp, Prep for Spring Fever Sprint Tri in April. This class is somewhat fast paced and requires 2 more days of swimming per week as homework. The class works best if you are comfortable in the water and can put in the time to do the homework. I also offer private and shared sessions for a slower approach to swimming.
2. Mastering the Mile (MTM): Monday nights – For intermediate swimmers who want to become faster and more efficient in the water. The workouts are tailored to the participants. For those looking to do a fast Sprint, Olympic or Half Iron Man distance. Also to work on form and speed for any distance. This is not a Learn to Swim (LTS) class. Requirements: Able to Swim a 500 continuously.
3. Breaking Boundaries for the Mile (BBM): Monday nights – For experienced swimmers. Requirements: Able to average an aprox. 2:10 per 100 pace, or an 11 minute or better 500 Meter swim. Stuck at a certain pace? Having trouble doing difficult sets on pace? We will work on strength, form, breath, effort, knowledge of pace and breaking boundaries.
All classes include: One Video of your stroke with detailed e-mail of what to work on, drill instruction, dry land exercises, and pacing and mental prep. for race day. Also includes workouts to do between classes and personalized swim notes.
Where: ORU Aerobics Center 50 meter indoor pool (scroll down on linked page for map at ORU).
When: Monday nights – Learn to Swim – 5:40 to 6:30PM,
Mastering the Mile - 6:35 to 7:30PM
Breaking Boundaries – 7:35 to 8:30
Date: Camps will start January 13h for 10 weeks. They will meet every Monday for the 10 weeks unless the pool is closed. Each class size is limited to aprox. 12. Sign up early!
Cost: $140 + TAT Membership https://earlysignup.com/
Coach-Janet – I have over 10 years experience coaching swimmers for Triathlon and over 25 years experience doing triathlon and swimming competitively, including St. Louis Masters and Tulsa Masters. Certifications: USAT Level 1 Coach and USA Swimming Level 1 Coach.
Please refer to my web site for more details. http://coach-janet.com/ or e-mail
December 23, 2013 No Comments
Membership signup for for 2014 is now online. For more details on club benefits click on the link to the left "Join TAT"
December 12, 2013 No Comments