JOIN TAT BY CLICKING Here
2016 Membership Perks:
- SWIMMING: Access to our FREE weekly swim training at ORU’s 50-meter indoor pool Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm, except when ORU is closed for school holidays, functions, or maintenance. Swimmer must be 18 to sign own pool waiver, NO swimmers under 16. Swimmers 16-18 must be accompanied by a parent the whole time. Also, we have club Open Water Swims on Fridays @ 6:00pm, generally from around May to October (weather will dictate this).
- INSURANCE: General Liability and Sport Accident policy covers you during all TAT calendared activities, such as accidents during group swims, rides, runs, and so forth. Also, since our races are USAT sanctioned you have coverage during races; other “races” that are not USAT sanctioned (e.g., a just-for-fun triathlon) will now have accident coverage.
- RACES: Discount off entry fee for TAT’s three multisport events. Details and discount code will be sent by our race directors, Runners World Racing. Historically our are races are the Spring Fever Triathlon in Jenks (previously Claremore), The Tulsa Triathlon Weekend with Olympic, sprint and kids tris , as well as the 70.3 distance new for this year, in Barnsdall, OK, and the Chris Brown Duathlon along Tulsa’s Riverside.
- TRAINING: Generally we have semi-structured club swimming ORU pool, and open water swimming starting around May at Lake Heyburn. See SWIM link for more pool info and maps and pool rules. For cycling training, most members take advantage of the successful Wednesday Night Rides in Tulsa. We also have a regular group ride from DoubleShot Coffe on Sunday mornings, starting in the spring and going through to Fall (all paces and distances welcomed). We have a semi-formal running group meeting weekly on Thursday’s for now. See the Calendar for updates. We have social runs including the Holiday Lights Fun Run in December. Newbies, check the newbie link to the left side of home page.
- GATHERINGS: Social and training events for all ability levels. In the past we have various clinics, bike rides to area wineries…and parties at local restaurants!
- NEWS & UPDATES: Stay in touch with TAT via email from membership chair, our Yahoo group, Facebook, and our main website. Links to all of these can be found at www.tatok.com
…And most important, you will be supporting a great organization that actively promotes multi-sport training and races in NE Oklahoma!
You probably should read this… we want you to have a fun but safe experience in TAT. NEVER EVER swim in open-water alone.