Announcing 2014 BIKE CAMP!
2014 BIKE CAMP INFO
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A guided, progressive 12-week cycling program
to prepare beginners for Spring Fever triathlon April 19, 2014
- Is part of an overall SWIM-BIKE-RUN training plan written by a USAT-certified triathlon coach in our club
- Twice a week rides: Sundays (group rides start late January) and Wednesdays (solo; possibly group ride, weather depending)
- Periodic social rides with club general membership (food is involved!)
- Bicycle-specific seminars: Safety, bicycle and gear choices, rules of the road, flat tire repair, USAT race rules, nutrition, learning area bicycling routes.
- Spring Fever bike course preview ride
- Racing psychology and mental strategies
- Must have a bicycle suitable for training and completing the goal event. Be able to ride non-stop 5 miles.
- Must own a modern bicycle helmet which must be worn on all TAT-sponsored Bike Camp rides.
- Must be a paid member of TAT for 2104; Join online at www.getmeregistered.com. (USAT one-day or annual membership for race day to be discussed during program)
- FEE FOR TAT BIKE CAMP is $60.00 (in addition to TAT dues)
- Starts January 20, 2014. Cut off to sign up is Feb 1, 2014.
- Bike Camp leader: Carolyn– email@example.com; 918-625-5200