Spring Fever : first event in TAT’s ’13 race line-up
Spring Fever? Yes, but with a hefty dose of left-over winter chill. Air temp was in the low 40’s as the first swimmers hit T1.
Once again, the “Claremore World Championship Triathlon” was contested at the Rec Center there, with some course modifications to accommodate a gun show going on next door in the convention center. Gun Show and Triathlon used in the same paragraph… that’s Oklahoma!
- Gobbling up some decadent egg sandwiches at the finish line.
- Clueless car driver cut into the coned off lane for the bicyclists and t-boned a Tri Tulsa Runner member, who THANKFULLY, was okay!
- weighing the benefits of staying warm on the bike versus slow T1 times to wiggle into extra bike clothes. I stayed warm on the bike; let’s leave it at that.
- Some of the volunteers came from the HOW Foundation (I think?) and they did great! Happy they helped so enthusiastically.
- Deciding that Sprint Tri’s hurt no matter how much or how little you train, and they are a great starting (or, in my case, restarting) point for the multisport lifestyle.
Keith Kelley battled back from a long-standing Achilles tendon injury to give the race a Thumbs Up. Did you know the thumb bone is connected to the Achilles tendon? For Keith it seems to be!