Posts from — May 2012
This is where where we’ll list the people and places who help our club accomplish things both big and small. SHOP LOCAL!
- We welcome and thank Tulsa Runner & Trani Matthews for both the friendship …and Friend$hip 🙂 (sponsorship) Stop by and meet this fast yet humble runner who is fun to chat with. Nice staff, cool swimming gear, and of course, running stuff. Amy S. works there too, and is a triathlete.
- Ongoing thanks to Dr Brian Flournoy at Performance Care Clinic who keeps us S-B-R’ing with his skillful A.R.T. He’s a past president of the club and continues his support in and out of the clinic.
- Tom’s Bicycles is a long-time mainstay of the bike community. They have been helping with our newbies’ Tri Camps, donating time and product.
- T-Town Bicycles has also lent a helping hand. And a TAT club member, Joy, works there too!
- If you break bones in your S-B-R adventures, go see orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Ryan Gursky. He patched up my fractured ankle. He chuckles and smiles at triathletes’ impatience to heal up “yesterday!” He is at Warren Clinic, 6475 S Yale Ave Suite 202, Tulsa OK 74136. Call (918) 494-4460
May 26, 2012 No Comments
Some confusion about the “dueling du’s” in Tulsa 😉
TAT’s Chris Brown Tulsa Duathlon is August 11, at Mohawk Park (new bike course) and is named after a club member who toiled year after year in producing the race. He passed away from cancer and the race name was officially ammended from the “Tulsa Du” to formally and permanently honor him.
The Christa Voss Duathlon will be in July and is named for a woman who was killed while riding, along with another bicyclist. It is produced by Fleet Feet.
Both athletes would’ve loved to see both races thrive, and we honor them, and any other fallen multisporter, every time we compete.
Watch this website or TAT’s Facebook page for more CBTD details, or check out www.TimeLineResults.com.
May 24, 2012 No Comments
We’re starting group OWS. We hope to have volunteers out there every Friday evening to help and to spot. So far I can be there every OTHER Friday unless announced otherwise. It’s best to have a group for safety. So please join in, and we can take turns spotting. We swim at Sheppard Point on Lake Heyburn 6 pm. May 18. Same place as last year’s triTULSA Festival. If anyone has a kayak and can man it, the better.
Approach the lake from NORTH, off Hwy 33. Bring brightly colored swim cap. email me firstname.lastname@example.org if questions or need directions (Google Map Sheppard Point Lake Heyburn). Park near the swim beach that is on the east side of the peninsula. (AGAIN, the park is on the NORTH part of the lake. NOT the part accessed from Kellyville!)
It costs a $3.00 per swimmer. There are shower facilities there. You can run and bike from there. I’ll ask Ted at Superleggera about a wetsuit clinic there, or at his store, in the near future. Someone want to volunteer to help with that?
As it warms up better and we get a little more daylight we’ll set up a family get together there for some après-swim fun. Again, will need volunteers to help. THANKS!
May 12, 2012 5 Comments